South Korea Military Families Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Dental

Go down

Chicago Dental Empty Chicago Dental

Post  bjeb318 Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:50 am

. There is one dentist up here towards Camp Casey that is Tricare/Non-Remote United Concordia-approved. He is Dr. Yun with the Chicago Dental Clinic. (http://www.korea.amedd.army.mil/Dent...es/Page989.htm)
I had excellent care there! I was able to get in right away. There is office staff that speak English, you just have to ask. The office is very easy to get to, it's right outside of the Ji-haeng train station, above the Dunkin Donuts on the corner. (It's a huge plaza building, Dunkin Donuts is just the most visible store.) The main entrance is to the left of DD (looking from the street). The office is located on the 3rd Floor, to your left as you get off the elevator. The office is very clean and sanitary, with all the modern equipment you'd find in the States. The staff is friendly and used to Americans with Tricare. Dr. Yun speaks English better than some Americans, with little accent and did dental school at Northwestern. He's friendly and easy to talk to. He'll call Tricare and make sure you're eligible for your cleaning or any other services before he does them. He explains everything thoroughly and is one of the best dentists I've had.
If he prescribes you medication, you will need to use the Korean pharmacy adjacent to his office. Because he is a Korean-licensed dentist, his scripts are in Korean; the TMC won't fill them. I got pain meds and antibiotics, it cost less than 10,000 won.
Hope that helps all of you looking for a good dentist!
bjeb318
bjeb318
Field Researcher
Field Researcher

Back to top Go down