Question about Deferred Travel

Go down

Question about Deferred Travel

Post  Jules on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:07 am

From what I understand if you get orders to Area 1 you get deferred travel. Can anyone tell me if they have gotten this changed? I understand this may be a 'have to deal with it' situation. We have done all the prep work for concurrent travel. Orders, CS, Passports, Visas. My husband as a month window from completing school and reporting to Korea. We hoped to schedule TMO, take the car to Port Call and even squeeze in a week at Disney World before flying to Korea still arriving 2 weeks before his report date so we could find a apartment, etc. etc. I am not super excited about handling advance shipment, packing up our storage unit, dividing HHG and storage, port call, two pets and a 8 year old all by myself. Has anyone found a way to get this changed? Any help/advice is appreciated! Smile
Jules
SKMF Contributor
SKMF Contributor

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Deferred Travel

Post  Adriane on Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:38 am

We are in Area II and came over concurrent. I have a friend who was able to do concurrent travel in Area I. They will allow you if your husband is an officer and/or possibly E8/9; otherwise, it will be deferred travel.
Adriane
SKMF Casual Poster
SKMF Casual Poster

Birthday : 1978-01-13

Back to top Go down