Contacting Family Members and Recovery

Go down

Contacting Family Members and Recovery

Post  LILMaMa on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:30 am

If you have been affected by a declared emergency, the Army and other organizations can help.
Have a Family communication plan so that you know where and how to connect with your loved ones.
• Identify an out-of-state contact.
• Designate a meeting place outside of your house, in case of fire.
• Designate a meeting place outside of the area, in case of evacuation.
Finding Family
• Report your status to the Army Disaster Personnel Accountability and Assessment System via the Army Information Hotline or the ADPAAS
website. Additional locator programs are provided by FEMA via the National Emergency Family Registry and Locator System and the
National Emergency Child Locator Center. The Red Cross runs the Safe and Well List.
• Everyone who sees or experiences a disaster is affected in some way.
• Profound sadness, grief and anger are normal reactions to an abnormal event.
• Acknowledging your feelings helps you recover.
• Focusing on your strengths and abilities helps you heal.
• Accepting help from community programs and resources is healthy.
• Children and older adults are of special concern in the aftermath of disaster.
• The American Red Cross and other agencies set up shelters for people who cannot return to their homes. Listen to the radio or watch local media for the location of the nearest facility.
Pets are not permitted in public emergency shelters.
• For those who have longer-term housing needs, FEMA off ers several types of assistance, including services and grants to help people repair their homes and fi nd replacement housing.
Field Researcher
Field Researcher

Posts : 100
Birthday : 1989-09-16
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 29
Location : South Korea duh

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum