South Korea Military Families Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Schooling

Go down

Home Schooling Empty Home Schooling

Post  bjeb318 Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:34 am

I am a homeschooling mom. I have a 1st grader and a Preschooler. I have been homeschooling for 3 years. I use the Abeka curriculum.

Homeschooling our 7-year-old son (for intellectual reasons) since he was about 4 and plan to do so until he turns 16.

We use "The Well-Trained Mind" for its cycles of history, literature and science, and way of organizing the work, and Charlotte Mason (www.amblesideonline.org and www.secularcm.com) for how we approach the work (short lessons, emphasis on literature and nature study).

I don't use TWTM recommendations for history or science, because we teach evolution and find "Story of the World" dry and booooring. We love the Eyewitness books (plenty available at the Osan Air Base library).

Highly recommend the blogs "Handbook of Nature Study" and "That Artist Woman" for other ideas for any homeschooling families.

Only thing I can lament about homeschooling in Korea is the fact that there doesn't seem to be anything available for nature study here. No nature guides, nothing on the trees or flowers, etc. Very unfortunate. (But we only arrived last July and are out of here this November, so I guess we can deal with that. Heh.)

we're getting ready to start up with Sonlight curriculum
bjeb318
bjeb318
Field Researcher
Field Researcher

Back to top Go down