South Korea Military Families Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sofa Stamp

4 posters

Go down

Sofa Stamp Empty Sofa Stamp

Post  bjeb318 Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:16 pm

IF you come to Korea without a Sofa stamp or visa you have 90 days from when you get into country to get it. It is very important that you get it or you can get fined or go to jail. It is very easy to get the sofa stamp you can go to ACS and tell them that you need to get one and they will give you the application and then you can turn it back into ACS and they will do it for you but you have to give them your passport and they will have it for two weeks. or you can go to Yangju and do it yourself it is about a 30 minute train stop and its right out of the building it only took myself 10minutes to get it done so fast and so easy here is a website on more information for sofa stamp http://www.army.mil/-news/2008/07/02/10551-acs-explains-sofa-stamp-a3-visa-procedures/index.html
bjeb318
bjeb318
Field Researcher
Field Researcher

Back to top Go down

Sofa Stamp Empty Re: Sofa Stamp

Post  Sheleah Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:19 pm

This is somewhat related, wasn't sure where to post it. My hubby and I are applying for CS. Do I need to get a no-fees passport or can I just use my standard passport? Also, do I have to wait until his orders say accompanied or can I get the no fees passport with his unaccompanied orders? My husband graduates from Ft. Knox OSUT next week so I need to know if I should get a copy of his orders when I see him.
Sheleah
Sheleah
SKMF Casual Poster
SKMF Casual Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Adriane Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:46 am

I would get a nofee passport with Korean Visa and a tourist passport (if you plan on traveling while here). You can go to the transportation office and apply for the nofee passport before you have your CS Orders and I would reccommend it. It takes atleast 6 weeks to come in. Our transportation office just would not release it to me until we brought them our CS Orders.
Adriane
Adriane
SKMF Casual Poster
SKMF Casual Poster

Birthday : 1978-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheleah Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:54 pm

That's the problem. It's my husbands first duty station and we don't live near and Army Post. The closest thing is Wright Pat AFB in Ohio.
They wouldn't let me do my screening there so I'm sure I'd have issues with getting the SOFA. Can I use my tourist one and apply for the No Fees one in Korea? Or do i REALLY need the no fees?
Sheleah
Sheleah
SKMF Casual Poster
SKMF Casual Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Adriane Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:56 pm

I have heard of people just getting the Korean Visa and sofa stamp in their tourist passport. If you go to the post office and pick up a passport POA and have it notarized and mail it to your husband he could apply for the nofee passport for you.
Adriane
Adriane
SKMF Casual Poster
SKMF Casual Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheleah Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:47 am

Yea, He's still in OSUT and graduates next week so by the time I get it mailed to him, he'll be done with training and everything and on his way to Korea. Lol.....OI the dilemma!
Sheleah
Sheleah
SKMF Casual Poster
SKMF Casual Poster

Back to top Go down

Sofa Stamp Empty sofa stamp and visa

Post  Theiny Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:29 am

i used my tourist passport and got a visa on it that expires in 4 months because i am not of u.s. citizen. and was wondering if i have to go to the korean embassy to get it renew or multi-re-entry visa instea? I am still unsure about it. also about the sofa stamp..would anyone who does come on csp need it??
Theiny
Theiny

Birthday : 1986-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Adriane Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:35 am

You may want to go to ACS and ask what you need. I think you can just go to a Korean Embassy and tell them you need an A3 Visa, but I am not sure what documentation you may need (orders, etc).

Everyone here command sponsored needs a sofa stamp!
Adriane
Adriane
SKMF Casual Poster
SKMF Casual Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum