South Korea Military Families Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food Review

2 posters

Go down

Food Review Empty Food Review

Post  bjeb318 Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:26 am

Angel in Us Coffee Cafe

(inside Lotte Mart in Jihaeng) (but seen all over Korea)

major coffee chain.. the coffee is convention roasted which means its roasted on a bed of hot air.. and the drip is a dutch method (a little info for coffee lovers)

the coffee was fantastic! hearty roasted taste.. very bold, and the desserts are just fabulous.. chocolate lovers will love this place as well!

highly recommend this place and some of the staff speaks fluent english.

i give it 4 stars Smile

TheSuperior Lotteria

(inside Lotte mart Jihaeng) but all over Korea

kind of like a burger king.. similar food, but they have some menu items that are out of the ordinary for americans (see rice bulgogi burger and shrimp patties)

the prices are very good, but make sure you repeat your order as ordering can be a bit of a pain.. they have great infused sweet tea.. portions are a bit small, so if you have monster eaters for kids like i do.. order accordingly..

but this place should be on your list to try before leaving korea

3 stars Smile

TheSuperior Paris Baguette Bakery and Patisserie

(all over Korea)

FANTASTIC PLACE!!!!

cakes are real yummy (order the fresh cream cakes!!)

has a ton of stuff, and rotate what they have every month, so stop in each month to try new stuff..

tons of treats for the kiddies and a place to get great little edible gifts for friends or loved ones.. most PB's have some english speaking staff.. and take orders for cakes or pies.

DEFINATELY try!!

5 stars Smile

weezle a korean brand of ice cream.. can find it in any small korean market with a freezer.. try the coffee chocofudge flavor if you can.. It can actually be compared to ben and jerrys!

(bold statement i know, but i know my ben and jerrys, i used to work for them..)

creamy but light flavor, fudge ripples throughout the ice cream, but without overdoing it..

now my new favorite, especially since its like 2000 won for a small tub

5 stars Smile

TheSuperior Happy Choice

a chicken chain in South korea, specializing in Bul-dak (fried chicken pieces with korean sides )

nice size portions of chicken, no weird parts of the chicken, mostly thighs and breat pieces, great sauces, and good prices around 9-15,000 won. they deliver as well.

5 stars Smile
bjeb318
bjeb318
Field Researcher
Field Researcher

Back to top Go down

Food Review Empty Halleljujah Pizza

Post  JenniferNeal Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:08 am

I have not tried their pizza yet but have heard it's delicious! Although, their Philly Cheesesteak is to die for! The meat melts in your mouth! The restaurant isn't really for the eye, but their food is worth trying =) I give it 4 stars!

JenniferNeal

Birthday : 1990-09-07

Back to top Go down

Food Review Empty Re: Food Review

Post  bjeb318 Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:04 pm

Yes Alleljujah Pizza Is so good

Chongs in the Ville is the best breakfast ever I give it 5 stars

The Kebap stand in the ville is also very good I give it 5 stars
bjeb318
bjeb318
Field Researcher
Field Researcher

Back to top Go down

Food Review Empty Chongs

Post  JenniferNeal Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:00 am

Where exactly is Chongs located? I keep hearing about how good it is but I never can find the place! I for some reason thought it was in New City, could you give directions? lol

JenniferNeal

Birthday : 1990-09-07

Back to top Go down

Food Review Empty Re: Food Review

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down